Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks




Well first off I'd like to say that I am thankful I am not a turkey!

If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
Their AGE! OHHHHHH! HA! HA!


A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked the stock boy, 'Do these turkeys get any bigger?'

The stock boy answered, 'No ma' am, they're dead.' OHHHHH! HE! HE! HE!


But seriously, there is much to be thankful for this Thansgiving. There is an article that I read today that featured people sharing their thoughts of what they are thankful for. I am going to share a few of them.....


"I am thankful that we were able to save our home from foreclosure! I wish I had more words than just "thank you" to all of the people that helped us keep our home, we are forever grateful!"

another one writes..........

"The last year has been a living hell. I lost my father to cancer last November, my former mother-in-law to cancer in May, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in July, my grandfather passed away in September, and my 7-year- old nephew, who has been battling brain cancer, has a diagnosis now that there is nothing more they can do. "

....and then after all of this the writer goes on to say..........

"Through all of it I try to find joys in everyday life. I am thankful the passing of the ones I love were peaceful, I am thankful for the doctors taking care of my mom now, and I am thankful for the doctors that did all they could for my nephew. I am thankful for God giving my sister-in-law and brother-in-law the strength to face the coming days."

another wrote.......

"I am thankful my husband is home from Iraq this year. He served over there for the last two sets of holidays. It is absolutely wonderful to spend time together as a family with our son."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We can all surely learn from these people,what thankfullness really means.

I am thankful for my family. Without all them in my life,things just wouldn't be the same. I am thankful that the good people of this great country voted for Barack Obama to be our next President.
Most of all, I am thankful to my god and my mom and dad for giving me my life.

No comments: